Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The day it all began

Since I made reference in my last post to September 8, 2007, thought I'd share more of the story with you. It was a warm and sunny pregame Saturday afternoon on the campus of the University of Arizona - Martin was hanging out with his buddy, Dave, and I was with my friend, Jessica. Turns out, Dave was a mutual friend to all of us! Jessica and I had met Dave just a few short months before at a country music festival. So when we ran into him on campus, it was one of those, 'Ahhhh, I know YOU' moments. And then, of course, there was Martin...and for he and I, there was an instant chemistry. Yes, the accent had a little bit to do with my enamorment :) So then we took this photo, probably not more than an hour after we had met. Although it's totally cheesy and the picture quality is not the best, I still love the fact that we have a photo together of the first day we met.


You'll notice the sign, and then you'll notice that we are holding our beers just ever so slightly over the threshold. I remember thinking that this was absolutely hilarious (hence, the photo). Martin thought I was a complete nerd, but at least he went along with it. Anyway, the four of us spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening laughing and having a great time. And for Martin and me, the rest is history.

No comments: