Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving and pre-back to work

Last week we enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with some of my family and some of Martin's family. What a great way for both families to come together, eat good food, and enjoy each other's company. It was also great to enjoy some last minute quality time at home, as this week marks my journey back to the office full-time. I will truly miss being home with Madelyn all day and I hope that this new transition will be easy on both of us.

Madelyn is smiling a lot now, which is so much fun for Mommy and Daddy. Although every time she smiles, I am not able to get the camera and capture a great photo quick enough, so I have very few smiling photos. We will keep trying!

The newest photos of Maddie:


A cute outfit (this is also her "I'm hungry" face)

A little grin, and rolled up pants

Thinking about smiling...

..."Nope, I'm not going to smile for you, Mom."

Still not going to do it...

This is what happens when Daddy gives her a bath!

I think she knows that she looks ridiculous!

Thanksgiving Eve - I asked Martin to help me prepare the stuffing. He insisted on cutting the bread into perfect cubes instead of tearing it.

Cubes so perfect they could be in a Stouffer's box!

Some of the family at Thanksgiving and a slight glimpse at our table 

Sound asleep on Grandpa's shoulder

Asleep in her chair. Her Thanksgiving outfit :)

Daddy taking a break

Using the Baby Bjorn!

A little smile and feet in the air

Kicking away

Daddy decided to lay on the floor too

Jake is protecting Madelyn

Finally, I got a picture of a smile!

And another one!

No comments: