Monday, February 13, 2012

Fun with photos!

As a new iPhone user, I'm still discovering all the nifty things it can do. My latest finds (and obsessions) are the Instagram and Hipstamatic photo apps. So so so cool. I've been taking lots of photos of Maddie lately and playing around with the different finishes/effects. Will share some of my 'work' below. Hahahahaha. Hardly. But it does make me feel like a real photographer!

Madelyn turned 5 months old last Wednesday. Holy cow! Where did that time go? She'll be half a year old very soon! She is really starting to become her own little person. She is very funny. She growls and squeals....a lot. Sometimes at the top of her lungs. She smiles and laughs. And she has recently discovered her feet, and the fact that she can put her feet in her mouth. Yum. She sucks on her fingers and on her thumb, which is so cute. She rolls over very well and she can almost sit up on her own. She's doing well in the Bumbo, she's just started to use her little activity walker, and she started rice cereal. Big milestones! She's sleeping about 10-11 hours at night...GREAT for Mommy and Daddy :)

In other news, I have resigned from my job as a sales manager at Omni Tucson National Resort. I will be done by the end of February. After much consideration, we decided that it's best for me to spend more time at home with Maddie right now. I am exploring part-time work as a tutor, and although I will miss my colleagues at Omni dearly, I'm really excited about the new opportunity!

My photographic experiments:

One of my favorite outfits.
 
Baby's first hipstamatic photo.
 
Ya know, just chillin'. Watching 'toons.
 
I think this photo looks a lot like me when I was a baby. Will have a comparison photo soon!
   
Ahh, the flexibility of a baby...
   
This photo looks like it was taken circa 1964. Oh the marvels of modern technology.


 
'Hmph.'
 
Her newest toy.
  
Yep, she likes it!
  
EVERY time I put her in the high chair, she insists on propping her leg up.
  
Attitude.




Time for rice cereal!
  
'Ew!'
  
Mommy's turn to try. Still 'ew!'
  

The very next day, while at home with Grandma, decides she can eat by herself. Must taste better when made by Grandma.
 

1 comment:

teamdrennen said...

I LOVE THE PHOTOS!! Can't wait to meet you miss maddie!